Thursday, March 20, 2008

Flights to South America

"Cheap flights" websites are everywhere. But when it comes to flights to South America, I've never done better than I do through eXito Travel (based in the USA), using a good old fashioned travel agent. I admit, I haven't spent hours online looking for better deals than the ones Ken (travel agent extraordinaire) quotes me, but I usually punch my destination into the biggies (Orbitz, Travelocity, etc), and haven't found a better price yet.

If you're flying to Central or South America, I highly recommend these guys. Every time I tell someone about eXito, they end up using the company for all their flights south. eXito is a consolidator (specializing in Central and South America), so it gets the cheapest flights you'll find. And in my experience, they do their darndest to hook you up with the right people/companies/tour operators/whatever once you're down there. More than anything, I love calling up and talking to a human being!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have used an agency call Tico Travel with lots of success as well. I have gone with them to Costa Rica and just came back from El Salvador with them. They had great airfare rates and were real helpful with planning my trip.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Travelburro said...

I'll have to check them out. Thanks, Rob.
d

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home