Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Livin' la vida locaaaa....

Two glasses of torrontés, three smokes and veggie sandwich at La Imprenta and I'm feelin' goood. Goddamn, I can't believe this place. You should see our hood. Wide sidewalks, tunnels of leafy trees, people everywhere, cafe tables in front of every other stylish shop and 70 degrees at 7pm. Can it get much better?

Down side: Back in the land of toilets with barely enough water to hold a baby-turd so you gotta scrub down the porcelain after every movement. Of course, we don't have a toilet scrubber yet, but it's on the list.

The apartment is killer and there's plenty of room for you. Walk out the door and we're smack in the middle of Las Cañitas. There's a hardware shop around the corner (already picked up my plug adapter), fruit stands just up the street, flower stands everywhere and newstands on every other corner. I can't believe they make cities like this. I can't believe that bottle of torrontés cost $3!

I keep thinking of Huckleberry Shelf cuz there are so many designer kids shops around here. Huck, you'd dig this shit!

I'm so tired I can barely think. And the mate didn't help (but it sure tasted good).

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I bumped into Dina last night (Aimee's Dina) and she says she's headed down in September.

So I guess the first guest to arrive had better step up to the plate and arrive in late July or early August to be the first.

MORE UPDATES DAMN IT!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Two glasses of torrontés, three smokes and veggie sandwich"... boy, that's pretty 'locaaa...'

Sounds like life down there is pretty TRANQUILLO and you're the LOCOOOO!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Travelburro said...

Nah man, that's just the song that keeps running through my head as I walk down the street.

First one to come down gets free pizza and beer and the most unbelievable pizza joint in our hood, plus free drinks on us all night!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Travelburro said...

Aimee and I have a bet going on whether it will be her friends or mine. Which we've narrowed down to Dina or Greg.

We'll see who the real road-honkey is...

6:32 PM  
Blogger blank said...

Free drinks all night!? Fuck, man, I hope it´s not Greg who comes down first...

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home