Friday, January 20, 2006

Liquid Peace

There's only one way to come down from a hellish 2-month deadline session and prepare for a trip to Patagonia in half a day: Tequila. Fortunately, we had plenty (yeeowza!) since Dina and Damian brought a bottle of Don Julio and a bottle of some other wild top-shelf brand in a mysterious, blue ceramic bottle. By 11:30am I was three shots into the morning, frantically ironing out last minute kinks in the Ecuador book, glancing at my unpacked backpack and answering my editorĀ“s questions about the South America book. By 1pm we had the thermous filled with tequila and grapefruit soda, by 2pm we were on the bus, and by 3pm Dina and Damian were passed out. Aimee and I continued working on the thermous full of magic. By 10pm we were all out cold. At 9am the following day we stumbled off the bus in Bariloche, 20 hours after leaving Buenos Aires. Now we gotta figure out how to get further south.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Social Worker said...

glad to hear you're free again.

1:03 AM  
Blogger blank said...

You're tellin' me!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casa Noble my man Casa Noble, Though i think we did make it til 3:15

2:14 PM  
Blogger Travelburro said...

wait a minute, I know who you are...Casa Noble, eh. Bring down that bottle!!!!!!!!!

d

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home