Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Unexpected Dosings

I don't know. No matter where I find myself, no matter how bad a day I'm having, I run into someone that turns everything around. I doubt I'll ever know whether humans are naturally inclined toward good or evil (or just idiocy), but I keep bumping into good folks, people that do things completely out of the ordinary, that trust for no reason and that treat me with unexpected, unconditional kindness. They pop out of the woodwork when I least expect them, and often when I most need them. On the street, in the mountains, on the bus. When my own meaness and anger burble up inside me, kerplunk, there they are, slapping me in the face with a good dose of life-is-life-so-turn-that-frown-upside-down reality. And you know, they're usually old people. Sneaky fuckers, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home