Friday, October 14, 2005

Click click, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I finally tuned into an American news channel last week (we finally got a hotel with cable TV!) and I just about lost my head. Here's what it said before the commercial break:

Next up, the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. How we've stretched our disaster resources to thin. And how you can help just by going out to dinner.

Problem: disaster
Problem: poor government spending
Solution: Consume more.

Yeah, that's the way to help. How 'bout a rock through the White House window?

On hotmail: how you can help by clicking here. On my bank statements: how you can help by checking this box. On my phone bill: help victims by clicking this box.

I fucking donate 25% of everything I make to the government, just like everyone else, yet I'm hounded for more! Oh gee, I wonder what hapened to our tax money??!!

Community participation and political activism in 21st century USA: consume and click. On with the show.

Sorry for the rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home